Services Our School Counselors Provide
Our school counselors are here to support our students and their families in a variety of ways. Our dedicated team works with students and their families to ensure that our student's needs are being taken care of to ensure students can achieve their academic potential. The services our school counselors provide are:
- Academic counseling
-College and career readiness planning
-Mandated counseling services
-Counseling, as needed
- Mental health referrals to outside agencies
- Support in connecting with community resources such as food pantries or clothing drives
-Various classroom presentations to address a variety of pertinent topics
Mental Health Resources
- NYC Well Crisis Call Line is open and available for support. The Crisis Call Line is available to all NYC kids, teens, families, and adults who may be coping with issues related to a mental illness, for example, a panic or anxiety attack. You can call 24 hours per day/7 days a week. The staff of trained mental health professionals help callers find mental health and substance abuse services. NYC Well is multilingual and multicultural:
- 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355)
- 1-888-692-9355 (Español)
- 1-888-692-9355 (中文)
- 711 (TTY for hearing impaired)
- You can also text WELL to 65173 or go to NYC Well, an online resource for individuals, families and agencies in need of help and information.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline Provides free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line-Free text support for people in crisis, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To access Text “HOME” to 741-741
- Trevor LifeLine - Our trained counselors are here to support you 24/7. If you are a young, LGBTQ+ person in crisis, feeling suicidal, or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk, call the TrevorLifeline now at 1-866-488-7386.
- Mental Health Supports New Yorkers Can Access While Staying at Home
Respect for All
Renaissance High School participates in NYC DOE's Respect for All initiative. If you feel you or someone else's rights have been violated you should report it ASAP to Renaissance's Respect for All liasion, Ms. Gisele Miranda (email@example.com) or Ms. Kim Conrow (firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-430-6390 ext. 2804).
For more information review the Respect for All Poster: Respect for All Poster
Check & Respect
Right to Feel Safe
Reporting Child Abuse
Renaissance High School takes steps to ensure the safety and security of all students. If you are the victim of child abuse or maltreatment or suspect someone else is, REPORT IT NOW!
1 (800) 342-3720
Managing Stress from the CDC
The Corona virus pandemic has caused a lot of stress for many people. The Centers for Disease Control offers TIPS and ADVICE FOR DEALING WITH THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC. You are not alone in this!
Stay Active to Manage Stress
Yoga to Relieve Stress
New to meditation? No sweat! Check out these meditation basics.