Welcome to our COVID response page.
Below you will find all the critical information about how Renaissance High School is responding to the Corona Virus Pandemic. All decisions made by Renaissance are based on Centers for Disease Control (CDC), New York State (NYS) and New York City Department of Education (NYC DOE) guidelines.
Our priority is ensuring that we do everything possible to ensure the safety of our staff, students, and families.
Please check back regularly as we will continue to update this information as conditions change.
Covid Health Screening Questionaire
Every student should complete this health screening on a daily basis before coming to the building.
Students should be able to present their Clearance badge each day. If a student has not been cleared, you MUST keep them home for the safety of them and others.
Safety Measures Implemented at RHS
The safety of both students, staff and the entire RHS community are our #1 priority at this time. We will be implementing the following safety policies to ensure the entire RHS family remains as safe as possible:
- Everyone will be required to wear masks while in the building. Masks will be allowed to be removed to eat or drink.
- Social distancing (6 ft. apart) will be practiced. Halls and stairs will be setup for one way direction of traffic.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the school building.
- Students will remain in one classroom throughout the day with the same small group of students. Staff will travel to the classrooms.
- We will have an isolation room where students exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 will remain until a family member is able to pick them up.
- Visitors will be limited in the building.
NYC Guidance Around Safety Measures
The health of staff, students and their families is a priority for Renaissance. We will be following these health and safety measures to ensure all Renaissance community members' health remains a priority.
Technology: Getting a Device
Complete this Technology Help Desk Ticket for Families who are having difficulty with their device.
Help Desk Phone Line: 718-935-5100
(Submitting a Help Desk Ticket provides service as quickly as when you call the support line.)
Help for Families
We know that many families are struggling during this time, and we are here to help.
- Our school staff is available for virtual meetings. They can also connect your family with community resources to help you.
- There are many community resources available for families who need help with housing support, utlities, mental health services, crisis services, and other supports during this time. Use the quick links to the right to connect with some community resources.